American Express Credit Approval Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
The successful candidate for this position will be a member of a seasoned and diverse team of Commercial Underwriters responsible for assessing credit risk for the American Express Merchant Financing and OPEN portfolios. Core responsibilities include but are not limited to underwriting high value and large exposure accounts. The candidate will work closely with key business partners to ensure sound credit decisions are made at all levels of the credit product cycle. This position will champion in-depth credit analysis of businesses, primarily small to medium size enterprises having substantial credit commitment/exposure with American Express.
The candidate will be required to utilize their skill and experience in working closely with Risk Management supporting the initiatives of the department which could include presentations to partners, training underwriters in additional skills, performing compliance assessments, reporting and providing portfolio evaluations to determine proper risk/reward strategies and initiatives.
In addition to production, the candidate will be responsible for identifying and managing multiple strategic and analytical projects from ideation through implementation aimed at reducing friction and improving underwriting effectiveness. The role will include a focus on process improvements, building strong relationships with partners across the Company and working closely with the Global Servicing Network Strategy team in driving optimal strategy for commercial underwriting.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Solid understanding of business financial statement analysis is required as well as experience with the preparation and presentation of credit decisions to senior management
- The candidate will be an experienced credit decision maker with strong understanding of risk assessment techniques such as risk rating & probability of default, financial statement analysis, industry evaluation and general macroeconomic environment impacts
- Proven successful track record of delivering projects on time, and should have a demonstrated ability to achieve and surpass goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Possess an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and have exceptional thought leadership skills
- Candidate must have a current actionable and quantifiable development plan focused on personal and professional development
- Ability to influence opinions and drive results without direct authority and skilled in analyzing data to discover trends, defect rates, etc.
- Ability to interface with customers to outline options and requirements for loan fulfillment
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strengths in organization and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and commitment to success
- Base level comfort with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
_Educational Requirement_: * The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field and/or equivalent work with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in direct business and underwriting at a financial institution
Title: Credit Approval Manager
Requisition ID: 18003241