American Express Manager - Data Deletion and Oversight in Phoenix, Arizona
This position, located in Phoenix or New York, is part of the Global Privacy and Information Security Oversight team in AXP’s Global Operational Risk & Oversight within Global Risk, Banking & Compliance (GRBC).
Privacy and information security are key contributors to loyalty, customer experience, and the American Express brand. Properly assessing, managing and overseeing global privacy and information security risk is critical to the Company’s business. This role would require supporting the team to accomplish the long term strategy for retaining, deleting and oversight of Personal Identifiable Information (PII) across the company as per regulatory and compliance requirement globally.
Given the nature of the role, the successful applicant will need to operate at multiple levels across the organization, and have the ability to work at varying degrees of detail. The manager should be prepared to challenge the status quo and work collaboratively across Lines of Business in order to deliver the desired target and results. The position requires a team player who is comfortable interacting with GCO’s, MCO’s, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Technology, Operational Excellence, Information Security and many other partners. Strong communication and negotiation skills, with ability to influence across all levels of the organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Institutionalizing a Governance framework for management and oversight of PII data across the company.
- Developing enhancement and efficiency strategies across global data deletion, records management and data encryption programs
- Managing continual prioritization of markets, systems and data elements within the program and refining the intake and oversight process for data deletion across the organization
- Establishing credibility with key stakeholders; collaborating and building functional internal relationships
- A proven track record in driving operational risk, audit, and controls to meet regulatory and compliance standards within a large enterprise
- Exceptional project management skills leading complex, large-scale, cross-functional initiatives
- Knowledge of various systems within the company that holds PII information
- Experience in privacy, information security and/or risk management and in oversight of governance and controls to ensure that projects align with all organizational standards, report into key oversight groups and manage risk effectively
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - Strong end-to-end process design skills
- Superb collaboration, influencing, and communication skills regarding business facing experiences with the demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization through a combination of influence, partnership, and authority
- Experience at working both independently and in team/matrixed environments - Proven ability to drive results and resolve issues with minimal supervision
- Working hours flexibility given the international nature of the role
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze issues and business use cases, document analysis, and execute plans to action
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Title: Manager - Data Deletion and Oversight
Other Locations: US-New York-New York
Requisition ID: 18003247