Honeywell New Product Dev Mfg Eng in Tempe, Arizona
New Product Dev Mfg Eng
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) – New Product Development (NPD) is Honeywell’s organizational link between Integrated Supply Chain and the product development functions of Engineering, Program Management, and the Strategic Business Units. AME participates in the execution of new product development programs to ensure product cost, capability, and producibility targets are achieved. Specifically this involves evaluations of the design, the supply base, the product cost, the manufacturing factory, the manufacturing process capability, and the manufacturing yield of an end item product. The HON development process satisfies the HON Aerospace requirements for Integrated Product Delivery and Support (IPDS), Flawless Launch, and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP). The
current specific opportunity is in the mechanical aerospace component design market space. This position requires on-site presence at the HON facility located in Tempe AZ.
- Review conceptual and development designs for cost, quality, manufacturability, and yield
- Manage Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) items to meet IPDS goals
- Manage Unit Product Cost (UPC) models to meet Flawless Launch APQP goals
- Ensure Design benefit from the APQP process and artifacts
- Ensure Product benefit from the Flawless Launch process and artifacts
- Interface with Engineering and Sourcing to identify suppliers meeting capacity, cost, and capability goals
- Identify and manage new product assembly, test, or tooling needs
- Drive IPDS adherence for all ISC related items
- Manage Cost Take Out (CTO) efforts and risk mitigation plans
- Drive DFX (Manufacturing, Assembly, Test, Lean) activities
- Predict and Manage Product Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) Efforts to Aero RTY goals
- Participate in Product Production Readiness Reviews and associated Phase 5 action closures.
Interface with the New Product Introduction (NPI) Cell to ensure smooth product Production Transitions
60 Technical support
15 Process utilization
15 Problem Resolution
10 Continuous improvement
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering or related mechanical, manufacturing technical degree.
- Product knowledge in mechanical components such as pneumatic valves, actuators,and solenoids.
- Ability to read engineering mechanical drawings and assess for manufacturingcapability.
- Knowledge of casting and machining processes is very beneficial.
- Excellent computer skills with Excel, Power Point and SAP.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation
- An understanding of manufacturing techniques and their impact on costs
- Six Sigma Green Belt, DFSS, Black Belt, Lean, or HOS knowledge and toolapplication.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD22972
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 1300 W Warner Rd., Tempe, AZ 85284 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.