MedImpact, Inc. NOC Operator I in Tempe, Arizona
Network Operations Center (NOC) Operator I
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Operator monitors and manages operations of the systems and services. This position handles tier 1/2 support for systems/application administrators as needed for installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This is an entry level learning position and the NOC Operator will receive close supervision from management and will also be mentored /trained by more experienced NOC Operators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- While learning the NOC Operator position and how to navigate the Company’s systems and processes this position utilizes self-study, standard operating procedures and reviews existing documentation to accomplish tasks
- Provides support for network communications equipment, including switches, routers, firewalls, and IPsec VPNs
- Under management supervision, prioritizes and address events that are detected by monitoring systems
- Handles facilities provisioning (installing racks, setting up power, installing Ethernet, fiber and console, and cables networks/server equipment)
- Handles facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, and power distribution)
- Follows documented procedures to resolve issues; asks clarifying questions as needed
- Greets and collaborates with vendors for equipment maintenance and repair coordination
- Creates documentation for common issues and resolutions
- Escalate issues and communicate details succinctly
Education and/or Experience
For consideration candidates will need a High school diploma (or equivalent combination of education and experience), which is required, along with zero (0) to two (2) plus years’ job related experience working with computers. If no related experience, candidates should have related technical computer training through an accredited program and/or related technical certification(s).
Computer Skills– the following basic computer skills are required:
- Beginners MS Windows, Linux, other operating system knowledge
- Familiarity with Patch Management
- Familiarity with Virtual Infrastructure and Hypervisors
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Related technical certifications is a plus
*Other Skills and Abilities *
- Ability to ask for relevant information to help diagnose issues
- Ability to multi-task, good time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work as a team player
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Schedule is Saturday through Tuesday 10PM to 9AM
- Holidays are required
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Tempe, AZ
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 299.180314.5371